SSC CGL Syllabus 2023 SSC CGL Tier 1 Tier 2 Latest PDF Exam Pattern: SSC CGL Tier 1 Aptitude Syllabus 2022 SSC Combined Graduate Level Exam Pattern 2023 SSC CGL Selection Process In This year SSC Tier-1 & Tier-2 exam will be conducted on as per schedule Download Question paper of SSC CGL Tier I written exam SSC CGL Syllabus for Tier I, II, III & IV 2023 SSC CGL Tier 1 Syllabus 2022 pdf Tier 2 Tier 3 Exam Pattern available
Table of Contents
SSC CGL Syllabus 2023
The SSC CGL syllabus covers a wide range of topics across different subjects. The syllabus for SSC CGL 2023 is expected to be similar to previous years. However, candidates are advised to refer to the official SSC CGL notification and website for the most accurate and updated syllabus.
SSC CGL Recruitment
- General Intelligence and Reasoning: Analogies, similarities and differences, spatial visualization, spatial orientation, problem-solving, analysis, judgment, decision making, visual memory, coding-decoding, statement conclusion, and more.
- General Awareness: History, culture, geography, economic scene, general policy, scientific research, current affairs, and more.
- Quantitative Aptitude: Number systems, decimals, fractions, percentage, ratio and proportion, square roots, averages, interest, profit and loss, time and distance, time and work, data interpretation, and more.
- English Comprehension: Reading comprehension, fill in the blanks, error recognition, idioms and phrases, one-word substitution, sentence structure, synonyms, antonyms, and more.
- Quantitative Ability: Arithmetic, algebra, geometry, trigonometry, mensuration, statistical charts, and graphs.
- English Language and Comprehension: Vocabulary, grammar, sentence structure, synonyms, antonyms, active-passive voice, direct-indirect speech, and more.
- Statistics (for Junior Statistical Officer): Collection, classification, tabulation, graphical representation, measures of central tendency, dispersion, probability theory, sampling theory, statistical inference, and more.
- General Studies (Finance and Economics) (for Assistant Audit Officer/Assistant Accounts Officer): Finance and accounting principles, economics and governance, financial accounting, economics and business, and more.
Descriptive Paper: Essay writing, letter/application writing, precis writing, and comprehension.
Computer Proficiency Test (CPT) or Data Entry Skill Test (DEST) (as applicable).
SSC CGL Exam Date:
The SSC CGL Tier I exam is scheduled to be conducted from July 2023. Exact dates for the exam will be announced by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) on their official website and through the official notification. Candidates are advised to regularly check the SSC website for updates on the exam dates and any changes in the schedule.
SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam
The SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam follows the following pattern:
- Mode of Examination: Online (Computer-based Test)
- Type of Questions: Objective type (Multiple Choice Questions)
- Number of Sections: 4 sections – General Intelligence & Reasoning, General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude, and English Comprehension
- Total Number of Questions: 100
- Total Marks: 200
- Duration: 60 minutes (1 hour)
- Marking Scheme: Each question carries 2 marks for the correct answer
- Negative Marking: 0.50 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer
|A||General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||50|
Important points to note:
- The exam is conducted in both English and Hindi languages, except for the English Comprehension section which is in English only.
- The questions are designed to test the candidate’s general intelligence, reasoning ability, numerical aptitude, and English language skills.
- The overall score in Tier 1 is used for shortlisting candidates for Tier 2 and subsequent stages of the examination.
SSC CGL Tier 1 Syllabus 2022:-
The SSC CGL Tier 1 Syllabus includes the following subjects and topics:
- General Intelligence & Reasoning:
- Similarities and differences
- Space visualization
- Analysis and judgment
- Decision making
- Visual memory
- Relationship concepts
- Arithmetical reasoning
- Figurative classification
- Coding and decoding
- Statement conclusion
- Syllogistic reasoning
- Semantic analogy
- Symbolic/Number analogy
- Figural analogy
- Semantic classification
- Symbolic/Number classification
- Figural classification
- Semantic series
- Number series
- Figural series
- Word building
- Coding & decoding
- Numerical operations
- Space orientation
- Venn diagrams
- Drawing inferences
- Punched hole/pattern – folding & unfolding
- Figural pattern – folding and completion
- Address matching
- Classification of centre codes/roll numbers
- Embedded figures
- Critical thinking
- Emotional intelligence
- Social intelligence
- General Awareness:
- Current events
- Economic scene
- General policy
- Scientific research
- Quantitative Aptitude:
- Computation of whole numbers, decimals, fractions
- Ratio & Proportion
- Square roots
- Profit and Loss
- Partnership Business
- Mixture and Allegation
- Time and distance
- Time & Work
- Basic algebraic identities
- Algebra & Elementary surds
- Graphs of Linear Equations
- Heights and distances
- Statistical charts
- English Comprehension:
- Spot the error
- Fill in the blanks
- Spelling/detecting misspelled words
- Idioms & phrases
- One-word substitution
- Sentence improvement
- Error correction
- English comprehension
SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam :
TIER II PATTERN:- It will also be Objective Type, Online Paper.
|Paper||Session||Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time allowed|
|Paper-I:||Session-I (2 hours and 15 minutes)||Section-I: Module-I: Mathematical Abilities Module-II: Reasoning and General Intelligence.||30 30Total = 60||60*3 = 180||1 hour (for each section) (1 hours and 20 minutes for the candidates eligible for scribe as per Para-7.1 and 7.2)|
|Section-II: Module-I: English Language and Comprehension Module-II: General Awareness||45 25 Total = 70||70*3 = 210|
|Section-III: Module-I: Computer Knowledge Module||20||20*3 = 60||15 Minutes (for each module) (20 minutes for the candidates eligible for scribe as per Para-7.1 and 7.2)|
|Paper-II||Statistics||100||100*2 = 200||2 hours (for each Paper) (2 hours and 40 minutes for the candidates eligible for scribe as per Para-7.1 and 7.2)|
|Paper-III||General Studies (Finance and Economics)||100||100*2 = 200|
The SSC CGL Tier-II Exam consists of Paper-I, Paper-II, and Paper-III conducted in separate shifts or days. The details of each paper are as follows:
- Paper-I (Compulsory for all posts):
- The duration of Paper-I is 2 hours and 15 minutes (Session-I) and 15 minutes (Session-II).
- It includes three sections with two modules each.
- The sections are:
- Section-I: Quantitative Abilities
- Section-II: English Language and Comprehension
- Section-III: Statistics (Module-I and Module-II)
- Paper-II (For candidates applying for the post of Junior Statistical Officer):
- The duration of Paper-II is 2 hours.
- It tests the candidate’s knowledge and skills in statistics.
- Paper-III (For candidates shortlisted for Assistant Audit Officer/Assistant Accounts Officer):
- The duration of Paper-III is 2 hours.
- It focuses on the candidate’s knowledge and skills related to finance and accounts.
The Tier-II exam consists of objective type multiple-choice questions, except for Module-II of Section-III in Paper-I. The questions are set in both English and Hindi, except for the English Language and Comprehension module in Section-II of Paper-I.
There is negative marking of 1 mark for each wrong answer in Section-I, Section-II, and Module-I of Section-III in Paper-I. For Paper-II and Paper-III, there is a negative marking of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer.
Module-I of Section-III in Paper-I, which is the Computer Knowledge Test, is mandatory but qualifying in nature. However, for certain posts that require computer proficiency, higher qualifying standards will be set.
Candidates must qualify all the sections of Paper-I to be eligible for further consideration in the selection process.
Module-II of Section-III of Paper-I i.e. Data Entry Speed Test (DEST):
- Module-II of Section-III of Paper-I will include conducting a Data Entry Speed Test (DEST) for a duration of 15 minutes in Session-II on the same day.
- The Data Entry Speed Test (DEST) is a skill test where candidates will be required to type a passage of about 2000 key depressions within 15 minutes. Detailed instructions regarding the skill test will be provided by the Regional Offices of the Commission. Information about the evaluation of the Typing Test/DEST can be found on the Commission’s website at https://ssc.nic.in (Candidate’s Corner).
- The DEST is mandatory for all posts, but it is qualifying in nature, which means that candidates need to meet the minimum requirements to be considered eligible.
- Paper-IV is specifically for candidates who have applied for the post of Assistant Audit Officer (AAO) in C&AG (Comptroller and Auditor General). This paper consists of two parts: Finance and Accounts, which has 40 questions carrying 80 marks, and Economics and Governance, which has 60 questions carrying 120 marks. In total, there will be 100 questions carrying 200 marks, with each question worth two marks.
SSC CGL Syllabus 2023 for Tier 2:
The questions in this section will test the candidate’s ability to use numbers and understand number sense. The scope of the test will include computation of whole numbers, decimals, fractions, and relationships between numbers. Topics covered include percentages, ratios and proportions, square roots, averages, interest, profit and loss, discount, partnership business, mixture and allegation, time and distance, and time and work. Additionally, it covers basic algebraic identities, graphs of linear equations, triangles, circles, quadrilaterals, polygons, prisms, cones, cylinders, spheres, trigonometric ratios, standard identities, heights and distances, and statistical graphs like histograms, frequency polygons, bar diagrams, and pie charts.
English Language & Comprehension
This section tests the candidate’s understanding and knowledge of the English language. It includes questions on spotting errors, filling in the blanks, synonyms, antonyms, spelling/detecting misspelled words, idioms and phrases, one-word substitution, improvement of sentences, active/passive voice, direct/indirect narration, shuffling of sentence parts, shuffling of sentences in a passage, cloze passage, and comprehension passage.
This section covers topics related to statistics. It includes collection, classification, and presentation of statistical data, measures of central tendency and dispersion, moments, skewness and kurtosis, correlation and regression, probability theory, random variables and probability distributions, sampling theory, statistical inference, analysis of variance, time series analysis, and index numbers.
General Studies (Finance and Economics)
Part A: Finance and Accounts (80 marks):
- Fundamental principles and basic concepts of Accounting
- Financial Accounting: Nature, scope, and limitations
- Basic concepts of accounting
- Manufacturing, trading, profit and loss, balance sheet
- Depreciation accounting, valuation of inventories, non-profit organizations accounts
- Bills of exchange, self-balancing ledgers
Part B: Economics and Governance (120 marks):
- Comptroller & Auditor General of India
- Finance Commission
- Basic concepts of economics and introduction to microeconomics
- Theory of demand and supply
- Theory of consumer’s behavior
- Theory of production and cost
- Forms of market and price determination in different markets
- Indian economy: sectors, national income, population, poverty, unemployment, infrastructure, economic reforms
- Money and banking: monetary and fiscal policy, role of Reserve Bank of India, commercial banks, budget and fiscal deficits, balance of payments, fiscal responsibility and budget management act
- Role of information technology in governance.
SSC CGL Syllabus 2023 Important Link Area
|SSC CGL Admit Card||Download SSC CGL Admit Card|
|SSC CGL Recruitment Details||SSC CGL Notification|
FAQ’s about SSC CGL Syllabus 2023
Q: What is the syllabus for SSC CGL Tier 1 exam?
A: The syllabus for SSC CGL Tier 1 exam includes General Intelligence & Reasoning, General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude, and English Comprehension.
Q: What topics are covered in the General Intelligence & Reasoning section?
A: The topics covered in the General Intelligence & Reasoning section include analogies, similarities and differences, space visualization, problem-solving, analysis, judgment, decision making, visual memory, and more.
Q: What subjects are included in the General Awareness section?
A: The General Awareness section includes questions on current events, general knowledge, history, geography, economics, and scientific research.
Q: What topics are covered in the Quantitative Aptitude section?
A: The Quantitative Aptitude section covers topics such as number system, percentage, ratio & proportion, time and distance, profit and loss, geometry, trigonometry, and more.
Q: What subjects are included in the English Comprehension section?
A: The English Comprehension section includes questions on grammar, vocabulary, reading comprehension, sentence improvement, error correction, and more.
Q: What is the syllabus for SSC CGL Tier 2 exam?
A: The syllabus for SSC CGL Tier 2 exam includes Quantitative Ability, English Language & Comprehension, Statistics, and General Studies (Finance and Economics).
Q: What topics are covered in the Quantitative Ability section of Tier 2?
A: The Quantitative Ability section covers topics such as number system, algebra, geometry, trigonometry, statistics, and data interpretation.
Q: What subjects are included in the English Language & Comprehension section of Tier 2?
A: The English Language & Comprehension section includes questions on grammar, vocabulary, reading comprehension, and sentence completion.
Q: What topics are covered in the Statistics section of SSC CGL Syllabus 2023 Tier 2?
A: The Statistics section covers topics such as data collection and presentation, measures of central tendency and dispersion, probability theory, sampling theory, and more.
Q: What subjects are included in the General Studies (Finance and Economics) section of Tier 2?
A: The General Studies (Finance and Economics) section includes topics such as accounting principles, Indian economy, money and banking, fiscal policy, and economic reforms.
Also Check –
- SSC CGL Admit Card 2023 Tier 1 Exam Date Application Status
- UP Police Bharti 2023 Constable Vacancy (52699 Posts) New
- IDFC First Recruitment 2023 IDFC First Bank Vacancy Notification Apply Online @ www.idfcfirstbank.com
- Jharkhand Police Recruitment 2023 For Constable Posts New Apply online @ jssc.nic.in
- Agniveer Bharti Yojana 2023 इंडियन आर्मी अग्निवीर भर्ती रजिस्ट्रेशन, पात्रता Apply Online
- Nif Recruitment 2023 Vacancy, Selection Process, Notification, Exam Dates, Apply Online nif.org.in
- OSSC CHSL Recruitment 2023 Specialist Posts 354 Apply Now @ossc.gov.in
- HP Anganwadi Recruitment 2023 Eligibility Criteria & Selection Process Apply Online
- Ncl Recruitment 2023 Eligibility Criteria, Vacancy, Notification, Apply Online @ nclcil.in